Jobs I had while in college
Governor, Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education; 3/98-12/98
- Appointed by Governor Tom Ridge to serve on a twenty member Board of Governors entrusted with the development and operation of Pennsylvania's fourteen public universities
- Contributed to policy formation in the areas of Academic and Student Affairs
- Member of the Task Force on Science and Advanced Technology Education
President, Student Cooperative Council, Inc., Lock Haven University of PA; 5/96-5/98
- Oversaw operation of a $1.5 million student services corporation and student senate
- Initiated Student's Choice Award program for outstanding teaching faculty
- Designed and received approval for a $5.5 million student recreation center
- Also served as Vice President for one year, Speaker of the Senate for five months, Woolridge Hall Senator for two years and Commutor Senator for five months
Assistant Director, Heritage Reservation, Greater Pittsburgh Council, Boy Scouts of America (Summers 1998 & 1999)
- Directly responsibe for operation of business department including the operation of three retail stores ($170,000 gross sales per summer), four business offices, and a staff of thirteen department employees.
- Solely responsible for employee training and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Individually responsible for purchasing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll status for over 130+ employees. Aided in developing annual budget over $1M.
- Performed a variety of supervisory duties related to all camp operations.
- Served as Camp Freedom Business Manager (1991 & 1992), Retail Sales Director (1993 - 1997), and Climbing & Rappeling Instructor (2000).
Assistant Director, Tuscarora Outdoor Education Center, Binghamton, NY; 5/96, 5/97, 5/98
- Developed learning activities for 4th, 5th & 6th grade environmental education camps
- Served as liaison between camp staff and school personnel
- Trained and supervised staff of 10 camp counselors
Counselor, ScrantonPocono Girl Scout Council, Scranton, PA; 5/94, 5/95, 5/96, 5/97, 5/98
- Facilitated learning at environmental and outdoor education camps for 4th and 5th grade students
- Led students in "low ropes" adventure course
Student Admissions Representative, Office of Admissions, Lock Haven University (1994 - 1997)
- Conducted over 100 individual and group tours
- Counseled high school students in their college selection process
- Operated university switchboard
- Fielded inquiry calls at the office of admissions
- Prospective student phone-a-thon operator
Tutor, Department of Academic Development and Counseling (1995 - 1998)
- Tutored students in Physics I, Physics II, Atomic and Nuclear Physics, Intermediate General Physics I, Intermediate General Physics II, Meteorology, and Astronomy I
- Provided individual and group instruction as well as study group moderation
- Consulted with course instructors regarding course and test material
Lighting and Sound Technician, Lock Haven University (1996 - 1998)
- Designed lighting for Modern Dance Company shows
- Operated array of 150+ lighting elements with computerized show sequencer
- Operated spot lights, show sequencer, and sound for many touring performance groups
Stock clerk, Weis Markets, Lock Haven, PA (11/97 - 1/98)
- Stocked shelves and did the parking lot cart thing. No big whoop... just some extra cash.